I made this by accident after planning on making pitta pizzas but finding myself with no tomato puree. The pitta pizzas were an emergency fall back as I’d forgotten to take the fish I was supposed to be cooking out of the freezer (insert face-palm emoji here) so I had to think on my feet. I’d got a half-used jar of pesto in the fridge – obvs – so I decided to substitute that for the tomato puree. It was a great move and these will now be a regular feature on my weekly menu plans.
Smart Points: 13 per serving
Time to make: 15 mins
What you need:
- 6 wholemeal pitta breads
- 6 tsp pesto
- 160g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 slices premium ham, chopped
- 6 chestnut mushrooms, slice
What to do:
- Put the pitta bread on a baking tray and spread each with one teaspoon of pesto.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the pitta breads and top each with the ham and mushroom.
- Bake at 200C for 10 minutes or until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown.
- Serve with a salad made from zero point fruits and vegetables.
Top Tip: I used classic green pesto for this recipe but I’m sure it would be just as delicious with any of the variety of flavours on offer.