This dish tastes more induglent than the Smart Points value would suggest and is a great wholesome option when you fancy some comfort food.
Smart Points: 9 per serving
Time: 20-25 minutes
What you need:
- 1 tsp oil
- 100g pasta – twists or congliche would be my choice
- 2 salmon fillets
- mixed herbs
- small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125ml dry white wine
- 150g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 4 handfuls of baby spinach
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 150C. Put a large sheet of tinfoil onto a bakingctray. Place the salmon skin side down onto the foil. Scatter over the mixed herbs and squeeze over the juice of 1/2 the lemon.
- Wrap the foil around the salmon to make a parcel. Put the baking tray into the oven and bake for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of salted water for around 10 minutes until the pasta is al dente.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Gently fry the onions until softened – about 5 mins. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the wine and increase the temperature slightly until the strong alcohol smell burns off.
- Add the spinach to the onions a handful at a time and stir until wilted.
- When the past is cooked, turn off the and drain, reserving some of the water.
- Add the soft cheese to the onions and spinach over a low heat, stirring until the cheese has melted. Add some of the pasta water to slacken the sauce to the desired consistency and season to taste.
- Stir the drained pasta into the sauce. Divide the pasta between two bowls and top each with a salmon fillet.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon over each dish and add some freshly cracked black pepper.