Pro Points: 7
Simple Start: Yes
Filling & Healthy: 0
Cooking time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1tsp healthy oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium (165g each) chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1/4tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g tomato puree
- 1.5l vegetable stock made with 2 stock cubes
- 410g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 40g whole wheat pasta, broken into small pieces
- 3tsp dried mint
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2tbsp 0% fat natural yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion then cover and cook gently until soft, without browning.
- Add the meat and brown well.
- Add the spices and tomato puree. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add the stock over a period of 15 minutes in order to maintain a thick consistency. When all the stock is added, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chickpeas then simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the mint and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with 1/2tbsp yogurt per person.