This is one of my staple mid-week recipes. It is quick, economical and it’s so easy that Mr FFF actually cooked the dish pictured all on his own. And to give him the full credit he deserves, he didn’t even make much mess!
Pro Points: 7
Simple Start: 0
Filling & Healthy: 0
Preparation time: 5mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- 120g dried wholemeal pasta
- 4 bacon medallions, chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes or 4 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 2tsp mixed herbs
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms in a non-stick saucepan until the bacon is just cooked.
- Stir in the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the mixed herbs.
- Simmer the sauce while you cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Season the sauce to taste and serve on top of the drained pasta.
Top tip: Add a pinch of dried chilli flakes to give this dish a fiery kick.