A tasty, points friendly version of a classic weekend takeaway dish.
Pro Points: 9pp (at 4 servings)
6pp (at 6 servings)
+ extra for rice
Filling & Healthy: 4pp (at 4 servings)
3pp (at 6 servings)
Preparation time: 15mins
Cooking time: 50mins
- Olive/vegetable oil or oil spray
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped into large chunks
- 70g tikka masala curry paste
- 4 medium, skinless chicken breasts (165g each), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 400ml reduced fat coconut milk
- Brown rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onions and fry very gently over a low heat for approximately 15-20mins until golden brown (add a splash of water to prevent them sticking if required).
- Add the peppers and the curry paste and fry for 5mins to cook the spices.
- Add the chicken and stir well to coat it in the spices. Increase the heat and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is browned all over.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree and 100ml water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15mins until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the coconut milk and heat through.
- Serve with boiled brown rice.
Top tip 1: For a spicier dish, add a tsp of medium curry powder with the tomatoes.
Top tip 2: For a slightly thicker sauce, add 1tbsp corn flour mixed with a splash of water with the coconut milk. This will add 1pp on Filling & Healthy at 4 servings. The Pro Points values for all other serving sizes remain the same.