Smart Points: 4
No Count (if made with wholemeal pasta. If made using white pasta, allow 1SP/serving)
Cooking time: 10mins prep + 35mins cooking
- 1tsp healthy oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 1 vegetable stock cube made up with 600ml boiling water
- 2tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 30g soup pasta or macaroni
- 200g tin baked beans
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, carrot and garlic and cook gently until soft, without browning.
- Add the leek and potato and cook gently for 5 mins. Add a splash of stock if the vegetables begin to stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20mins.
- Add the pasta and baked beans then simmer for a further 10mins until the pasta is just cooked.
- Season to taste, then serve.
Top Tip: Sprinkle with a tablespoon of freshly grated Parmesan before serving for an extra 2SP per serving (dish will no longer be vegan).