Cheesecake is one of my favourite foods ever. So when I saw a recipe for a breakfast cheesecake, I had to try it, even though it sounded a bit weird. However, with so much soft cheese and sugar, it was pretty high in Smart Points value so here’s my recipe for a slimmed down version.
Smart Points: 4 per serving
What you need:
- 75g low fat spread
- 650g low fat soft cheese
- 2 eggs
- 60g oats
- juice and rind of one orange
- 4 tablespoons sweetener (I used Stevia)
- pinch of salt
What to do:
- Heat the oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3. Line a 23cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Beat the cheese until smooth then stir in the rest of the ingredients using 1tbsp of the orange juice.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 25 minutes until it is just set with a hint of wobbliness in the middle.
- Serve hot, warm, cold or at room temperature with fruit coulis.
Top Tip: For ease, I line the baking tin roughly by pushing in a rectangular sheet of paper. It gives the cheesecake slices a ‘rustic’ look but saves faffing about cutting out strips and circles of paper.