These flour-free pancakes make a delicious weekend breakfast and are an excellent way to use up over-ripe bananas.
Pro Points: 4
Simple Start/Filling & Healthy: 0
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Spray oil
- Raspberries or strawberries to serve
- Mash the banana in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs to the banana and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil.
- Pour about 1/4 of the batter into the pan and cook over a very low heat for 2 minutes.
- Very carefully, turn the pancake over (the lack of flour means they will break up quite easily if you are heavy handed). Cook for a further minute.
- Transfer the pancake to a warmed plate while you cook the remainder of the batter.
- Serve with the raspberries or strawberries.
Top tip: Drizzle with 1tsp for 1pp or use a drizzle of honey as one of your daily treats if following Simple Start.