One of my favourite, quick and easy mid-week dinners is a salmon stir-fry.
Pro Points: 6 (+ extra for rice)
Simple Start: 0
Preparation time: 0mins
Cooking time: 25-30mins
- 2 lightly smoked salmon fillets
- A selection of prepared stir-fry vegetables
- Brown rice to serve
- Thai 7 Spice or Chinese 5 Spice
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170˚c/160˚c fan/355˚f/Gas mark 3. If using, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, wrap the salmon fillets in foil and place on a baking tray in the oven. Cook for 20mins.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3mins.
- Sprinkle over 2/3tsps of the Thai or Chinese Spice and 1/2-1tsp Soy Sauce according to your taste.
- Serve the salmon on top of the rice surrounded by the vegetables.
Top tip: If you’re counting Pro Points, exchange the rice for boiled noodles and add them to the vegetables before adding the spices and soy sauce.