I’m really not a fan of eggs which bugs me as they’re a great source of filling and healthy protein. I think what I don’t like is the lack of flavour. I’ve tried to combat this with my take on egg mayo and I think it works pretty well. This could well be a new lunch staple for me!
Pro Points: 5pp
/Filling & Healthy: 0pp
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 5mins + 10mins cooling time
- 4 medium eggs
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
- 2tbsp 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- 6 slices Weight Watchers Danish Brown Bread
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and boil for 5mins.
- Put the eggs into a bowl of cold water. After 5mins change the water and leave for another 5 mins.
- Peel the eggs and place into a clean, dry bowl. Chop the eggs into small pieces.
- Stir in the yogurt, tomatoes, spring onions and chives and season to taste.
- Sandwich the egg mixture and rocket between two slices of bread and enjoy.
Top tip: The bread could be substituted for pitta bread, bagel, crumpets or crispbreads (adjusting the points as necessary).