A flavoursome dish that works for any time of the day.
Smart Points: 8
No Count (substitute the flatbread for Weight Watchers pitta bread)
Cooking time: 2 mins prep
10 mins cooking
- 1tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tinned, chopped tomatoes
- 4 handfuls of spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 individual seeded flatbread
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3mins until softened and beginning to brown.
- Add the cumin, smoked paprika, chilli flakes and tomato purree. Stir and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and spinach and stir well until the spinach has wilted.
- Make 4 holes in the mixture and tip an egg into each one.
- Cover and cook for approximately 3 minutes until the whites of the eggs are cooked but the yolks are still runny.
- Serve with the toasted flatbread.
These flour-free pancakes make a delicious weekend breakfast and are an excellent way to use up over-ripe bananas.
Pro Points: 4
Simple Start/Filling & Healthy: 0
Preparation time: 2 mins
Cooking time: 15mins
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Spray oil
- Raspberries or strawberries to serve
- Mash the banana in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs to the banana and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil.
- Pour about 1/4 of the batter into the pan and cook over a very low heat for 2 minutes.
- Very carefully, turn the pancake over (the lack of flour means they will break up quite easily if you are heavy handed). Cook for a further minute.
- Transfer the pancake to a warmed plate while you cook the remainder of the batter.
- Serve with the raspberries or strawberries.
Top tip: Drizzle with 1tsp for 1pp or use a drizzle of honey as one of your daily treats if following Simple Start.
I’m really not a fan of eggs which bugs me as they’re a great source of filling and healthy protein. I think what I don’t like is the lack of flavour. I’ve tried to combat this with my take on egg mayo and I think it works pretty well. This could well be a new lunch staple for me!
Pro Points: 5pp
/Filling & Healthy: 0pp
Preparation time: 10mins
Cooking time: 5mins + 10mins cooling time
- 4 medium eggs
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
- 2tbsp 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- 6 slices Weight Watchers Danish Brown Bread
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the eggs and boil for 5mins.
- Put the eggs into a bowl of cold water. After 5mins change the water and leave for another 5 mins.
- Peel the eggs and place into a clean, dry bowl. Chop the eggs into small pieces.
- Stir in the yogurt, tomatoes, spring onions and chives and season to taste.
- Sandwich the egg mixture and rocket between two slices of bread and enjoy.
Top tip: The bread could be substituted for pitta bread, bagel, crumpets or crispbreads (adjusting the points as necessary).